We conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on privacy protection and personal information security
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information
- Cookies and Related Technologies
- Information We Share
- User Choice and Retention
- International Transfers
- Information collected by third parties
- Contact Us
Information We Collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify a single person with reasonable means. The personal information we collect and store depends on the activities in which you participate and the Services you use. We use only the necessary information to help create the best experience for you, whether you’re using What's Playing to discover new artists or Maps to locate a restaurant.
Personal Information you provide
We collect personal information you provide us you during your use of the Services, for example –
- When you register with a user account — access to or use of the i.am+ Software and Services, including certain features or applications, may require registration with a user account, which will include a unique username and password combination. During your registration, you will be asked to provide your email address, full name and phone number. You may also voluntarily submit additional information (for example, your height or gender), to be used in accordance with the purposes listed below.
If you use Facebook or other social platforms to create your account, or if you connect your user account with such social platforms' accounts, we will ask for your permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, birthdate, profile picture, and friend list, as well as information you made available on your account.
To protect your user account, you should keep your password confidential. Please note that you are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your user account. Try not to reuse your password on third-party applications. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password, please report it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you make a purchase, certain payment information may be collected from you (such as your credit card number). This information shall be processed by our trusted third party payment processors.
- When you contact customer support or when you contact us for help, we will collect your name, email, phone number and the details of your request to make sure we get you the answers you need.
- When you request certain services (for example when you register to receive newsletter or updates) we will use your information to satisfy your requests;
- When you register as a developer with us we will collect from you certain information, such as your name and email address.
Information we automatically collect
- Some location-based features or apps, such as Maps or a feature that assists you with locating your i.am+ products, may use GPS, Bluetooth, your Internet Protocol (I) Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ real-time approximate location, such as GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs. This information is used to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to provide you with relevant weather information).
- This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
- You can disable your location-tracking functions, at any time, by turning it off and back on through your device settings.
- When you activate or access our Fitness Services (such as the Fitness and Workout apps), you will be asked to provide certain fitness data, such as your gender, height and weight. We will also ask your permission to collect other fitness and health information, such as daily fitness activity (for example, the number of steps you take and your BMI) and your i.am+ products's motions throughout the day and night.
- This data will only be used to personalize your fitness stats and display your progress over time (for example, to estimate the number of calories you have burned or to analyze your sleep patterns).
- This fitness data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve fitness-based products and services.
- You also have the option to receive more personalized fitness insights if you allow us to combine the data collected through the Fitness Services with other data from your i.am+ products (for example, we can provide you with personalized notification about when your schedule will permit a workout).
- You can disable the collection of information or reset any information associated with your Fitness Services, through your User Settings.
- If you decide to use AneedA assistant service, you will be able to send voice-enabled messages through your device, record voice messages, and use voice commands and use other features.
- We collect any information you speak or type into AneedA, in addition to certain information stored on your device, such as your name, your contacts, your schedule and events, your location (if Location Services are turned on), your usage of other apps and albums in your music library.
- This information is used to adapt to your individual voice and recognize your pronunciation, in order to provide you with better and personalized responses (for example, the location of your device at the time you make a request will be used to help AneedA improve the accuracy of its response to your requests and provide you with localized suggestions). The information is also used to improve AneedA's learning process — the longer you use AneedA, the better it will understand you and provide you with a better experience. You can also receive helpful suggestions before you even ask, based on the things you use often and when you typically use them.
- You can reset any information associated with AneedA, at any time, through AneedA settings.
Dialer, SMS, Contacts and Email Services
- When using our Dialer, SMS, Contacts or Email Services, we will collect certain information (such as your phone number and your contacts' information) to help us provide you with these services and improve them, as well as to analyze the usage and performance of these services.
- Specifically, when using our SMS Services — we will ask your permission to collect the name of your phone carrier, message success/failure rates, your contacts list and similar information. This information would allow us to facilitate your communications and actions through the service.
- When using our Email Services — we will ask permission to access information on each email account you choose to sync with your i.am+ products, the actions you take with respect to the email messages (for example archiving), your email contact list, email message transmission success/failure rates, message character/word count and similar information. This information would allow us to identify the account on which your actions were taken, facilitate your communications and actions through the service and provide you with the service. We may also collect your authentication credentials or tokens to retrieve your emails and to facilitate your replies and actions.
- Please note that we do not store the contents of your SMS or email messages, the recipients of your messages or your authentication details on our servers any longer than is required to send messages that you initiate. We also do not share them with third parties (other than our trusted service providers, such as our voice recognition provider) or use them for marketing purposes.
When you use our i.am+ Software and Services, we will also collect the following information:
- Analytics information about your use of the i.am+ Software and Services (such as apps usage, log files, user activity, support requests, time stamps, alerts, etc.). This information is used to help us provide you with the Services and improve them, as well as for troubleshooting errors and bugs, research and analytics purposes.
- Mobile device information — we also collect your mobile device unique device identifiers (e.g., a UDID, IMEI or Mac address) and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), such as operating system, version, MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), mobile carrier's name and other technical data.
Information from Third Parties
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
- We may anonymize or de-identify the information collected by the Services or via other means so that the information cannot, on its own, personally identify you.
- If we do combine such information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
The following are some examples of anonymous information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, occupation, area code and the time zone where the i.am+ products is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect information regarding user activities on our services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our user and to understand which parts of our products and services are of most interest.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device. Services and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
How We Use the Information
In addition to the purposes listed above, the personal information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services and products you have requested;
- To customize the Services and create a personalized experience (for example by suggesting content which may interest you);
- To improve our Services, to understand usage patterns and to analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability and popularity of our Services;
- To notify you about new features of the Services and special events, and send you newsletters (unless you choose not to accept them);
- To support and troubleshoot our Services, to respond to your queries and communicate with you;
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
Cookies and Related Technologies
- <%= link_to 'Read more...', '/legal/cookies' %>
Information We Share
- If you choose to download or install third party apps or features, we may share your information with such third party apps to assist in providing the app or features.
- When you purchase and activate your i.am+ products, you authorize us and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process in order to enable you to access and utilize the Services provided by your carrier
- We may or also share your information with third parties whenever we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or legal claims, protect your safety or the safety of others, as well as to investigate or prevent any fraud, security or technical issues
- We may also share de-identified or anonymized information with other third parties (such as advertisers) for advertising and marketing purposes.
User Choice and Retention
- You may contact us at any time to update, correct or change any information by using the contact information below.
- Also, our settings will allow you to submit your preferences in relation to certain information we collect (for example, your location data).
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services or any information you have requested. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, contact us using the contact information below. After you cancel your account, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Your use of the Services may involve the transfer, storage and processing of your information to and in various countries around the world where our servers are located and our databases are operated that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country.
Information collected by third parties
- The i.am+ Software and Services are aimed at a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect any Personal Information (meaning, any information which may allow the potential identification of an individual with reasonable means) directly from children under the age of 13 years, without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected such information from a child under the age of 13 years (without the necessary parental consent), we will remove such information as soon as possible.
- We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Contact details:I Am Plus Electronics
809 N. Cahuenga blvd.
Los Angeles, 90038